Forum Botosani

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2018, 11:14:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forumul orasului Botosani

HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister

+  Forum Botosani
|-+  Comert
| |-+  Vanzari
| | |-+  What If Vaal Skills Modified the Main Skill for the Duration Instead, PoE?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What If Vaal Skills Modified the Main Skill for the Duration Instead, PoE?  (Read 12 times)
pathofexilenews
Bagaret de seama

View Profile
So I was watching the latest Baeclast where they have a discussion about Vaal skills and while wondering about the topic I thought: What if a skill's corresponding Vaal skill modified the main skill for the duration instead? The interested gamers can buy poe exalted orb from those professional online gaming houses in the most affordable cost.

There's the problem where, even if you have to build and scale Fireball and Vaal Fireball differently, if they're both on the same level why would anyone use the normal version when the Vaal clears so much better? Now think if when you activated Vaal Fireball, your main skill was buffed to function like Vaal Fireball for the set duration?

They could have the purpose of complementing whatever the original skill is lacking, but for a finite amount of time. If you have a skill that clears very well but is terrible for bosses, incorporate a Vaal gem of that skill and after collecting enough souls on the map you get to the boss and activate it. You now have "5 seconds" (or however long) to bring the boss down, while your skill is enhanced for single target, before it reverts to being terrible at it.

Vice-versa: Skills that are good for single-target but suck at clearing could have longer durations or reduced souls used in order to sustain during a map. I think they could come up with some very creative designs for how exactly the skill would change with a clear 1 of 2 different goals in mind. What do you guys think?

The main problem is that most Vaal skills are garbage without links, but they're not sustainable for most builds. If sustainable, they're not competitive for damage and not worth building around compared to normal skills. For the same reason I don't know if I would give up a support slot to use them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: